Including Images In Posts

Suggestions about the site, forums to add and contact the admin here.

Moderator: CrazyIvan

deepcut

Including Images In Posts

Post by deepcut »

Hi, am i not seeing something or can we not attach images to messages ?

Thanks, DC.

iDig3Dprinting

Re: Forum update.

Post by iDig3Dprinting »

You have to have the image online already, using an image hosting site or your website I think.
I don't think that there is a direct way to upload images. we added this link using the url of it on our website.

iDig3DPrinting -
Your source for 3D printers, 3D printing accessories and filament.

CrazyIvan

Re: Forum update.

Post by CrazyIvan »

deepcut wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:24 pm Hi, am i not seeing something or can we not attach images to messages ?
As per above, you will need to prepare your image by uploading it to a web host first. That could be your own web space (if you have any), or one of the many image hosting websites available.

On the post editor toolbar, the image button opens BBCode img tags for you to insert the URL of the web-hosted image into. Alternatively, you can use the link button to provide a clickable URL to the image, or even embed a clickable thumbnail:

Code: Select all

[url=url_of_hosted_image][img]url_of_hosted_image[/img][/url]
I use Imgur to host my images. I think you can do it without signing up, but creating an account makes it easy to manage your own gallery. For Imgur (as currently): upload your image(s) to your gallery, and then from the "view image info" drop-down select "Generate Image Links". Click the intended image to select it, then click the "Done" button. From the options, choose "Linked BBCode" and "Medium Thumbnail", then click "Copy".

Pasting this into your forum post will then display the thumbnail image in-post, which can be clicked to open the full-size image ("medium thumbnail" shows enough for the reader to see what it is without dominating the forum post, and they can then click through if they want to see more).

Note that Imgur does not expire images, which is not the case with all hosting sites. If an image becomes expired, any forum post which refers to it becomes broken.

Please be aware that posting images (or other URLs) might put your post onto the moderation queue for approval before it is accepted for publication on the forum.