Anet A2 mainboard

General discussion on 3D hardware from beginner to expert.
John_Vella

Anet A2 mainboard

Post by John_Vella »

Having removed the mainboard on my Anet A2 printer, I have noticed that there are several connectors, (power and bed, plus most of the motor connectors and more! ) which are badly soldered. I mean really badly, as in I can push the connectors out from the solder side.

It looks easy enough to repair, and is certainly not beyond my skills with a soldering iron, however... I'm thinking that now may be a good time to look at upgrades.

Yes, I looked on Amazon and found a lot of boards, but I was hoping that somebody here would be able to give me a suggestion for a new board that will work with the Anet A2.

Thanks in advance and, if it makes any difference, I am based in the UK.

OMurphy79

Re: Anet A2 mainboard

Post by OMurphy79 »

Few Anets are considered to have weak joints, and some versions have bad connectors and soldering. I would have rebuilt all the joints wherever possible and, in particular, tested the heater connections and all AC connections are safe.

Best thing is to check Aliexpress and find perhaps the better model. Not sure which one you'd be looking for, so maybe someone here can help you with that.

John_Vella

Re: Anet A2 mainboard

Post by John_Vella »

Thanks for the reply. Looking at another 3D printing forum, it seems that I may have some compatibility issues, unless I replace the display at the same time, so I'm going to get out the soldering iron, and give the existing board a good going over for the time being.