flashforge creator pro or keep with the xyz printer

General discussion on 3D hardware from beginner to expert.

Moderator: CrazyIvan

terry1956

flashforge creator pro or keep with the xyz printer

Post by terry1956 »

hi chaps. I have been playing a round with 3d printing for a year or so. I have an XYZ de vinci 1 printer that works OK but is very slow to heat up and I think from what I have read that the in build software is not very. I am using good. I am using Simplify3d software to split the parts and make the code.
My question is would I get better results with a Flashforge creator pro ??, would I be able to use cheaper filament, as the current printer hates none xyz material. is the Flashforge software better, or is it a waste of money

what are your views. I use the printer to make model railway wagons for my train set.
thanks, michael

Kmxsoft

Re: flashforge creator pro or keep with the xyz printer

Post by Kmxsoft »

What is the heating rate and what filament are you using?

For ABS it isn't unusual to set the bed temperature to 110 degrees - and most printerts can take up to 10 minutes or more to reach that temperature. That's not a failing on the printer.
Creality CR-10S owner posting as a private individual.

terry1956

Post by terry1956 »

hi, the bed heats to 98 I think, I am not saying its a fault, it just takes an age each time. will the other printers be better???

Kmxsoft

Post by Kmxsoft »

terry1956 wrote:will the other printers be better???
Not necessarily. My CR10 won't get up to the higher temperatures so I've given up trying.

The print bed heating depends on the characteristics for the printer.
Creality CR-10S owner posting as a private individual.

iDig3Dprinting

Post by iDig3Dprinting »

Heated beds suck a lot of power and always take some time to reach temperature especially at the bottom end of the market.

Also be wary of saying cheaper filaments, there are a lot of cheap filaments out there but a high proportion of them are rubbish and will cost you more money and time in the long run, go for quality before price.
iDig3DPrinting -
Your source for 3D printers, 3D printing accessories and filament.

steve3dprinters

Post by steve3dprinters »

I would never suggest you to use a cheap 3D printer filament, whether you get a Flashforge Creator Pro or anything else. Though, Flashforge software is a good investment of money. And for the heating issues of your 3D printer bed, you can look into the user manual of your 3D printer.

https://www.3dprintersbay.com/creatbot- ... 3d-printer

iDig3Dprinting

Post by iDig3Dprinting »

The difference between the two is really about ease of use to get a good result. With an open filament system, the reason it is able to use lots of different filament s because you have more control over all the different printer settings. So potentially you can get better results and even tweak your settings to optimise for specific 3D models etc.. But this means that there is also a potential for you to get worse results.

If you have a Da Vinci 1.0 series then these are designed to print with their ABS and PLA out of the box with little room for error. This means that your print failure rate should be slow, which means your should be wasting less filament.

Cheap filament is generally a waste of time and money anyway. If you want to upgrade your printer you should think in terms of what do you want to use your printer for that you cannot currently use your XYZ printing Da Vinci for? This can be things like increased build volume, dual head, use of other materials apart from ABS or PLA.

WIth the Da Vinci series the cheapest option is to buy refills, we sell these for £23.16 incl. VAT
iDig3DPrinting -
Your source for 3D printers, 3D printing accessories and filament.