Newby advice which printer

General discussion on 3D hardware from beginner to expert.

Moderator: CrazyIvan

hunggaur

Newby advice which printer

Post by hunggaur »

hi folks sorry to ask a question that has already been answered many time but i am struggling to get my head around

imam interested in getting a 3d printer and have a budget of around £300, i am happy to buy new or go second had if this is a better option

the problem i have is the more i read the more i get confused

so far i have looked at

Creality-3D-CR-10
tornado
tarantula
anet A8
flash forge
devinci (Second hand)
Polaroid (Second hand)
wanhoa duplicator (Second hand)
makerbot (Second hand)

ideally i want to be able to use standard filaments rolls not ones limited be the make of manufacturer inc HIPS ( i think)

still not 1005 sure what i am looking at so and suggestions gratefully received

any advice and guidance would be welcomed

cheers

jon

iDig3Dprinting

Re: Newby advice which printer

Post by iDig3Dprinting »

If you want to print with a range of filaments then you will need to have a heated bed and ideally and enclosed print area. This reduces warping issues.

One of the things you will need to ask yourself is do you want it very plug'n play or completely open software.

Also £300 is a very low budget. What tends to happen at this end of the market is that if you buy a printer that has lots of bells and whistles it is not likely to have very high quality components, you get what you pay for. So the next things is how much use do you want out of it and are you going to be using it for prints that require a high quality. i.e. if you are just messing about then it probably does not matter to some extent.

The Da vinci Junior Pro can use other filaments although we haven't tried it with Hips. but again it is a bit more than your budget.

What are you planning on printing? And why HIPS?
iDig3DPrinting -
Your source for 3D printers, 3D printing accessories and filament.

Kmxsoft

Post by Kmxsoft »

I agree with iDig3DPrinting, you won't get a lot for 300 bucks. However that's not terribly important if you are dipping your toe in the water.

I can vouch for the Creality CR-10S (NOT THE CR-10, without the S). It's heated bed will struggle to get over 90 degrees which means ABS isn't a realistic filament - you need a heated bed of 110 degrees for ABS. But PLA and PETG will be fine their heated bed requirements are much lower.
Creality CR-10S owner posting as a private individual.

steve3dprinters

Post by steve3dprinters »

Hi folks,

If you are struggling or confused to buy 3d printer, you can choose from a variety of brands of 3Dprinter. There are lots good 3D printer stores which provide great printers according to your requirements or need.

I would like to recommend 3D Printers Online Store

I hope it will help you

Thanks