My ctc or prusa clone

General discussion on 3D hardware from beginner to expert.

Moderator: CrazyIvan

PAUL1962

My ctc or prusa clone

Post by PAUL1962 »

Hi guys after being sent another mother board and Psu, I have finaly built my ctc printer, however my issues are how or where
do you set it to "home" because all mine does is move the bed forwards and backwards and ginds when it reaches the end of the run, then it goes back and grinds again unitll it finaly rests, the same also goes for the extruder motor it too goes left to right and grinds then goes back an inch then forward and grinds again, then all stops,

equally the filamnet does not carry on going through the hot end and then this machine cant find a home point or start point and doesnt let the filament through, even though all holes tubes and stuff are clear there for no blockages.

so basicly how do i set it up to start prinitng on the bed in the right place etc

any help would be great guys thanks, or it goes in the bin as a total loss because its beginning to anoy me now !!!!
£100 worht of scrap but there you go.
Paul

iDig3Dprinting

Re: My ctc or prusa clone

Post by iDig3Dprinting »

you need to look at the firmware settings for the board, it sounds like it is not set up correctly. You can find these in your configuration.h file in your firmware.

also, if the stepper motors are working in an opposite direction you can try switching the leads around, this will make it work in the other direction
iDig3DPrinting -
Your source for 3D printers, 3D printing accessories and filament.

PAUL1962

Post by PAUL1962 »

Thanks Idig will try and see where the firm ware file is, would it be on my comp or on the cd that came with but will try the cable the other way round but sure they were on okay but willing to try anything as this is nearly bot me beat

Paul

PAUL1962

Post by PAUL1962 »

no go still moving all over the place grinding when its got to the end of a run then nothing
tried everything now so F**K it its now for the bin cant be bothered to much mither just to print plastic shapes

sorry but thats the way I feel I knew i should have got an CNC machine ah well

Paul

iDig3Dprinting

Post by iDig3Dprinting »

The firm ware is what is loaded on the control board of the printer.

Have you tried contacting the shop you purchase it from? If it is not working you should get a refund.

what stops the printbed and extruder assembly from moving too far to the left or right are endstops. these are usually mechanical switches that when pressed by an assembly cause the assembly to stop. These usually need to be specified in the firmware set up as does home, the size of the printbed and also steps/mm for the different stepper motors.

do you know what board you have and what firmware it is using?
iDig3DPrinting -

PAUL1962

Post by PAUL1962 »

hi thanks for you reply, the shop i got it from was somewhere in China off ebay I have been back and forward re other parts that did not work they have sent me rplacements and I have as of yesterday fitted it all back up now it runs but the Bed just goes back and forwards but grinds when it cant go any more then goes back grinds and stops while that is going on the extruder moter goes to the right grinds at the end then goes back agian then grinds then just stops, and the filament sort of
jerks up and down through the hole and then that stops while every thig else get hot

I have tried leads in different holes different way round but as far as the firmware ware how do i accsess it ?

the board i have got is red it has ANET 3D-5 on the front of it but they assure me it is also for my printer which is the CTC REPREP PURSA I3 CLONE , but maybe the setting on the LDC screen need changing i just feel that something is very wrong as other people on you tube seen to build it plug it in switch it on and hey it prints perfect now me ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

PAUL1962

Post by PAUL1962 »

hi thanks for you reply, the shop i got it from was somewhere in China off ebay I have been back and forward re other parts that did not work they have sent me rplacements and I have as of yesterday fitted it all back up now it runs but the Bed just goes back and forwards but grinds when it cant go any more then goes back grinds and stops while that is going on the extruder moter goes to the right grinds at the end then goes back agian then grinds then just stops, and the filament sort of
jerks up and down through the hole and then that stops while every thig else get hot

I have tried leads in different holes different way round but as far as the firmware ware how do i accsess it ?

the board i have got is red it has ANET 3D-5 on the front of it but they assure me it is also for my printer which is the CTC REPREP PURSA I3 CLONE , but maybe the setting on the LDC screen need changing i just feel that something is very wrong as other people on you tube seen to build it plug it in switch it on and hey it prints perfect now me ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

iDig3Dprinting

Post by iDig3Dprinting »

have a look at this video. I cannot say that it the steps will be the same for your printer but it might give you some ides:

p.s. sorry about the guys protracted introduction
iDig3DPrinting -

PAUL1962

Post by PAUL1962 »

yeah thanks again but the firmware i dont think is the problem it seems to me to be the stepper motors or the settings on the lcd screen are not being saved, what i coud do with is watching a vid on how others are set , so the machine is doing its own thing, I have emailed the company but they are in China somewhere so not sure what to do, it only cost me £80 so I going to just put down to experience and forget it

Will get an CNC machine or a lazer cutter next but thanks

Paul