bit of a rant and asking for help

General discussion on 3D hardware from beginner to expert.

Moderator: CrazyIvan

PAUL1962

bit of a rant and asking for help

Post by PAUL1962 »

Again asking for help, my printer came with its board and I have plugged everything in as best i could,
the lcd screen lit up followed all the sections on it, but when I think Iam loading a gcode file to print, the printer "hotend"
goes to one side and prints a line of melted PLA and know pattern or anyhting like the model I am wanting to print,

the printer does this whatever is on the SD card, I have read somewhere that the firmware or software is on the board ??? now how can I check this or get what ever it is I need to load on the the Board, people say on you tube "download this and that" and up load it to the board" but how !!! and is this the reason nothing is printing out properley on my printer.??

when I bought it they said build it, plug everything in , download a gcode model from thingiverse load it on to the sd slot on the board and select the model using the lcd screen and hey presto it should print, ...............yeah right mine is just printing blob after blob, so again any advice or help would really be great.

thanks

iDig3Dprinting

Re: bit of a rant and asking for help

Post by iDig3Dprinting »

It's a bit difficult to know what the problem is. You have listed multiple problems. Could you list each problem in a simple list so that we have the big picture. Also Have you tried re-flashing the board?

What is your printer, you may have mentioned this before but I cannot remember.
iDig3DPrinting -
Your source for 3D printers, 3D printing accessories and filament.

PAUL1962

Post by PAUL1962 »

Hi and thanks for e reply the printer is a A8 3D Printer Prusa i3 Reprap - MK8 Extruder - MK3 Heatbed - LCD Controller - UK
bought off ebay and built by me all things went togeather ok and thats it really, as for flashing the board ? I dont know how, also dont know how to check what ever firmware it has etc, it came with Cura as the slicer software, but no matter whatever is on the SD card (gcode)?? it just goes to the left prints out a line with 2 blobs at the end the seems to thicken the line in the
middle then it comes off the hotbed and thats as far as I get
so 1 it isnt sticking to the hot bed
2 it goe to the left and prints out the blobby line
3 it doesnt matter what on the sd card as it just does the line thing
4 I dont know how flash the board
5 I dont know what firm ware is on the board
I am just put the sd card in the slot got to the lcd screen and select the file press ok all lights up and the hot end moves to the left prints out the line untill it comes off the hot bed then I stop switch ot off and try another file but that just sends it to do all of the above I would relly like some one to explain how to flash re load any software onto the board or settings in cura etc to make it work as I am sick now of watching videos on youtube how people simply build their machines set it to print and hey it prints out a perfect model so I know there is something wrong somewhere but where ??

thanks
Paul

steveprinters29

Post by steveprinters29 »

You cannot think of printing products out of your 3D printer if you haven’t calibrated it properly according to the requirements. Check again the 3D printer settings and get assistance for the 3D Printer’s manual.

iDig3Dprinting

Post by iDig3Dprinting »

Found this page on the anet 8, why not look at the section on firmware.
iDig3DPrinting -
Your source for 3D printers, 3D printing accessories and filament.