Help! Im a beginner. Have 2 Problems. How do I fix this 3D print? Why is it failing at the top? And how do i make detail

General discussion on 3D hardware from beginner to expert.

Moderator: CrazyIvan

ASPWLF

Help! Im a beginner. Have 2 Problems. How do I fix this 3D print? Why is it failing at the top? And how do i make detail

Post by ASPWLF »

I have just 2 problems with my print i need fixing and then my prints will be perfect. Im sure its easy but I only got into printing lol.

So i fixed the gap issue, well basically almost. Now i have another issue >:{

Okay so i printed this lighthouse and its smooth and perfect layers however i need to know how to fix just 2 things.

On pointy places such as top of a house roof or rails on the lighthouse, it is crap and rather broken, has bits missing, or ragged jiggy alot. So basically when it does small detail it ends up broken or like ridged or ziggidy zaggidy lol. Hard to see in video, but the circle rails on the lighthouse is complete 99% but half didnt print.

I have upload a video to youtube very short so you can see what i mean. And the photos on this post are how it should of looked.

Take a look at the top of the light house. It should be a ball thing but its just a crappy mess ontop of my print :(

But some fine details are perfect so i dont get how a easy ball is hard.

2. As you will see in the video, the windows and doors in the light house are really hard to see. they hardly are dented into the design/ Why is this? which option? Im guessing its somthing to do with with or layers

What the print should look like

VIDEO OF MY PRINT

MY CURA SETTINS AND PRINT SETTINS

Monoprice Mini PRO Printer

I print PLA at 205c

Heat Bed At 60c

And HERE are my cura settings.