Replacement for Sainsbury's Basics Hairspray?

All things relating to the materials used with 3D printers.

Moderator: CrazyIvan

Bazil_SW

Replacement for Sainsbury's Basics Hairspray?

Post by Bazil_SW »

Hi All,

I'm pretty new to 3d printing and been using the Sainbury's Basics hairspray for bed adhesion with some great results. Sadly now they look to have stopped selling it and I've tried a few others from them with no luck. Does anyone know a good replacement?

Cheers!

iDig3Dprinting

Re: Replacement for Sainsbury's Basics Hairspray?

Post by iDig3Dprinting »

Hi,
That's a shape, that was the one that we found to work well. I think just go very cheap, from any one of the supermarkets and I would think you will have the same effect, it's probably made by the same company anyway. PLease let us know how you get on.

here is our foray into hairspary for 3d printing.
iDig3DPrinting -
Your source for 3D printers, 3D printing accessories and filament.

Bazil_SW

Post by Bazil_SW »

Cheers for the reply. I did some digging and the key ingredient apparently is vinyl. The sainsburys website helpfully lists all the ingredients for each brand so whilst it was more expensive I went for another one with that in. So far so good, in fact better results with both the petg I've been trying to print and pla, compared to the basics stuff.

For anyone else struggling to get the basics spray, this is working well for me:
L'Oreal Paris Elnett Extra Strength Hairspray

They sell two sizes so you can trial it with a smaller cheaper can.

iDig3Dprinting

Post by iDig3Dprinting »

Yes vinyl is important. we found that those hairsprays designed to give you body, make your hair look less plastic, whether they where extra hold or not, tended to do worst. The ones that turn your hair into a limp of immovable plastic worked well and these tended to be the very cheap ones.

Thanks for the info.
iDig3DPrinting -
Your source for 3D printers, 3D printing accessories and filament.