Can you print this?

Everything else here.

Moderator: CrazyIvan

AdamArb

Can you print this?

Post by AdamArb »

Hey Guys,

My name is Adam and i am looking to find a local 3D Printer close to Manchester who can help me work on an upcoming project that requires Chainsaws! I am happy to cover costs involved for the materials used as i know they are not cheap.

We are creating large parts so something along the lines of an ultimaker 2 or bigger. We can also make them smaller and just glue them together if need be. I will also need someone who is handy with CAD or 3D Software to help bring the drawings we have to life.

If you can help in anyway or point me in the right direct that would be great

Thanks
Adam

iDig3Dprinting

Re: Can you print this?

Post by iDig3Dprinting »

We are not near Manchester but one thing you should look at is 3D hubs. Although, if it is for a longer term product development then you probably need to be able to enter into a more personal B2B relationship. But 3D hubs may, in any event, help to identify local 3D printing services that you can then approach directly.

Make sure that you get some test prints and bear in mind some people on 3D hubs will quote outlandish sums of money. But we would suggest that you focus on finding somebody who is good at CAD. Its the 3D model files that are important, once you have those you can get anybody to print them out or even print it yourself. It may even pay you to get your own printer and get the designs done separately???

All of these suggestions obviously depend on what your are trying to do and how you are currently provisioned to do this.
iDig3DPrinting -
Your source for 3D printers, 3D printing accessories and filament.