printer to make stamps

General discussion on 3D hardware from beginner to expert.

Moderator: CrazyIvan

Leet

printer to make stamps

Post by Leet »

Hi all
I'm new to the 3d printer scene. I'm looking to buy a printer to make stamps that I can use to decorate food, Like an ink stamp . it needs to have good definitionwhen it's done. like this but better definition

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pack-of-6-Le ... %7Ciid%3A1

Can you advise if it can be done?

iDig3Dprinting

Re: printer to make stamps

Post by iDig3Dprinting »

I think that most printers are going to be able to make stamps. The main thing is to pick a material that is food contact safe.

Colorfabb nGen is probably your best bet as it is easy to print with, produces good surface detail and, according to colorfabb is contact food safe.

The next question is:

how big are the stamps
what depth do you need for the relief
Are you using letters/text

Basically you will need to select a printer that is large enough (depending on size of stamps), although since most are at the least 15x15x15cm print volumes I think even the smallest should be adequate, unless they are giant cakes.

Nest its about minimum feature size. If its suitably small then you will want to be able to swap the nozzles so you can use nozzles with a small aperture size so you can get better xy resolution

The last question is also very important, what is your budget?

Any questions feel free to contact us via the website and we can discuss suitable models.
iDig3DPrinting -
Your source for 3D printers, 3D printing accessories and filament.

steve3dprinters

Post by steve3dprinters »

Normally, all kinds of 3D printers would be able to print such stamps easily. And for such food-safe stamps, you can use 3D printers with PLA material which is considered safe for the food products. Look for the best 3D printers on 3D Printers Bay.

Kmxsoft

Post by Kmxsoft »

There are several things to consider when printing objects which will contact food - it isn't just filament:

https://all3dp.com/1/food-safe-3d-print ... -filament/
Creality CR-10S owner posting as a private individual.