Issues on vertical layers

General discussion on 3D hardware from beginner to expert.

Moderator: CrazyIvan

gbrown100

Issues on vertical layers

Post by gbrown100 »

Hiya,

New to printing, bought an Ender 3 Pro and after putting together was surprised that my first alignment print went just fine! Then is started going wrong. Anything with any height seems to have issues... I just don't know whether it's an extruder temperature issue or an issue with the Z Axis not lifting reliably. Can anyone with a bit of experience give me a clue?

This was using the "Common PLA" setting, and Normal (0.15) profile in slicer. I am using eSun PLA filament. Extruder at 200 and bed at 60.

I seem to get really good layers and then really rough layers that look almost like the print head is dragging filament across already melted and not yet dry extruded plastic. When I started printing this the radiator in the room was on and heating the room, up to 21 degrees and it wouldn't have come on and off again during the print so I don't think it's environmental.

Last thing that may be pertinent, when I installed the threaded rod there seemed no instruction on how to fix the rod to the housing that turns so it is just sitting in there... That seemed daft to me, should I have tightened something to properly fix it to the housing?

Picture below, Thanks for any help!

Graham