Printer Advice

General discussion on 3D hardware from beginner to expert.

Moderator: CrazyIvan

Magneticrob

Printer Advice

Post by Magneticrob »

Hi all, I'm looking at buying the creality ender 5 plus. Is this a good printer for the price as its at the top end of my budget, are there any recommendations on mods and where to buy in the UK and what is the best make of filament to use and again where to buy in the uk

RM1997

Re: Printer Advice

Post by RM1997 »

Ender 5 Pro costs about $50 more than Ender 5, which is a pretty fair increase for significant upgrades. Having them pre-installed saves you the hassle of upgrading, if perhaps you're already planning to get some of these upgrades to make your printer achieve the best possible printing results.

The Ender 5 Pro offers these capabilities, namely better security, quieter printing performance, and - literally - flexibility in your filament choices. The printer has just the right additions, making the already running printer a tad more user-friendly.

But aside from these new features, the base model of the Endera 5 offers most of the same capabilities as the Pro version.

So everything depends on how much you want to spend for these mods/upgrades and what to expect from the printer. I'd say go for the Ender 5 Pro in general.

Max Funkner

Post by Max Funkner »

Magneticrob wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:42 am what is the best make of filament to use and again where to buy in the uk
The 1st filament roll you should get together with the new printer.
Then, I would recommend shop on Amazon 1st. Buy PLA only, as it is beginners friendly.
Check my PLA, PLA+ review. I tried all sorts of PLA including from eBay.
Maker, Designer, and Blogger on the subjects of 3D design and 3D printing.
https://3dwithus.com
https://www.youtube.com/c/3dwithus

Magneticrob

Post by Magneticrob »

Thanks for the info and the link