Why does my prints look like this?

General discussion on 3D hardware from beginner to expert.

Moderator: CrazyIvan

Antonyvw

Why does my prints look like this?

Post by Antonyvw »

Hi folk. Im tottaly new to all things 3d printer, and Im looking for some help.
Some time back Eagle Moss came out with a part works printer called the Vector V3. Having built it I could not get it to work, so it got shelved till now. (Yes Im aware it not that good a printer and Eagle Moss support does not exist - and when it did it was pretty lame).

Ive finally managed to get a print from it of sorts but I am having issues with it that I need help with. I would put up an image to show the problem better but I don't seem to be able to.
Anyway When I finally got the V3 to print something (a simple cube), the lower third of the print leaned to the right before going vertical as expected. The second print was all over the place.
Doing some research I looked at tensioning the belts and the rods that carried the attachment for the base plate. This seemed to help but now the print leans in the opposite direction for about a quarter of its height before going vertical. Also when I tried to print the little test boat that seems to be everywhere, the slope to the left was considerably worse and the rear end of it was all a mess.
It took a long time to get the base plate level and although it looks reasonable Im guessing its not perfect. Ive tried adjusting the height of the nozzle from the base plate altering it 0.1 mm at a time in both directions, using a piece of paper as a guide.

So the obvious first question is - how do I correct the slope of the model? What is causing it? What about temperature? Im using the default settings for the printer which are:-
Extruder temp 180
Bed temp 50
Layer height 0.2 mm
First layer height 0.3

Thanks
Antony