PrusaSlic3r or Cura

Discuss 3D printing software.

Moderator: CrazyIvan

Samurai

PrusaSlic3r or Cura

Post by Samurai »

Hello!

Could you please advise which of those is better: PrusaSlic3r or Cura? I am looking forward to testing my new 3D printer and I am trying to find the best program to do so. Oh, the printer is Zortrax M200 Plus. I was also wondering if OpenSCAD software will be fine for modeling?

OE1976

Re: PrusaSlic3r or Cura

Post by OE1976 »

Cura has a significant edge due to its prolonged engagement in development and community involvement. Its plug-in Marketplace demonstrates this. Meanwhile, Ultimaker has been collaborating with industry experts in order to become a dependable option for professionals. Cura may thus be the best option for individuals searching for a comprehensive, simplified experience.

PrusaSlicer, on the other hand, has emerged as a key challenger as a result of Prusa Research's obvious desire to expand in all areas, and we anticipate that it will continue to adapt to community wishes. PrusaSlicer is also unique in that it provides revolutionary features like as mesh modifiers, conditional G-code, changeable layer height, and so on.